Schools are back in session. This means school zone speed limits are in effect.
Remember to follow these safety tips:
- Make sure to slow down and obey all traffic laws when entering a school zone.
- Always stop for school buses that are loading or unloading children.
- Watch out for school crossing guards and obey their signals.
- Be aware of children and bicyclists near schools, in the streets and in parking lots.
- Make sure to "Drive to Arrive," learn more here.
In addition to traffic safety efforts, the Queen Creek Police Department (QCPD) is reminding the community about the power of words. As students are returning to the classroom, officers encourage students to be kind, use social media responsibly and understand that threats - both in person and online - have consequences. QCPD also encourages parents to have these important conversations - reminding their kids to think before they post and be respectful of others. Learn more back to school safety tips here.