Looking back on the first half of this school year, I feel proud of the accomplishments we’ve achieved so far in the Queen Creek Unified School District (QCUSD) and I know there are more to come. Some of the highlights include:
- Crismon High School opening with more than 1,000 students and the completion of Phase I of the campus.
- Fourteen QCUSD teachers earning more than $17,000 in grant money.
- Eastmark High School football winning the 3A State Championship.
- Seventeen Queen Creek Unified athletes signing to play for colleges and universities.
- QCUSD students exceeding state averages in all AZMerit standards.
- Eastmark and Queen Creek high school marching bands winning state-wide recognitions.
- Our district continuing to be a premier district of choice as one of the fastest-growing in Arizona.
These accomplishments wouldn’t be possible without dedicated faculty and staff, and the support of our community and families. As we head into a new year, I’m thankful for all who prioritize our students and their education. I look forward to continued success in the second semester of the 2022-2023 school year.
Dr. Perry Berry has been superintendent of the Queen Creek Unified School District since June 2015.