The J.O. Combs Unified School District, along with Banner Ironwood Medical Center, recently recognized its November Students of the Month.
The program provides an opportunity each month for one student from each of the San Tan Valley school district's eight schools to be recognized for demonstrating one of the various pillars of the Character Counts program.
One character trait is selected each month and students are selected by their principal or teacher.
Traits in the Character Counts Program include responsibility, trustworthiness, citizenship, caring, respect and fairness. For the month of November, students were recognized for demonstrating the character trait of citizenship.
Selected students are celebrated for their achievement with a certificate of recognition at the district's Governing Board meeting each month, where they are acknowledged by Superintendent Dr. Greg Wyman, the Governing Board members and a Banner Ironwood Medical Center representative.
The Students of the Month for November are:
- Combs High School - Ashlyn Tucker.
- Combs Center for Success - Chris Heredia.
- Combs Middle School - Drexton Clare.
- Combs Traditional Academy - Larson Horvath.
- Ellsworth Elementary - Lorraine Widmer.
- Harmon Elementary - Eviana Bacerott.
- Ranch Elementary - Maxwell Oitzman.
- Simonton Elementary - Lucy Saint.
For more information about the J.O. Combs Unified School District, visit jocombs.org or call 480-987-5300.